ESPN Fantasy will introduce Fantasy Women’s Basketball following month, the initially period-lengthy fantasy video game for women’s sports activities. The game will start in the ESPN fantasy app and on ESPN.com/Fantasy in time for the new WNBA time which commences on Friday, May perhaps 6.
Like with other ESPN league supervisor video games, you will be ready to personalize league size, scoring formats, participant rosters, and general public and personal league choices. ESPN+ Unique Leagues will be out there only to ESPN+ subscribers. For individuals who want to just soar in and perform, the default scoring system is built to rapidly translate what you see on the courtroom to details for your fantasy staff: 1 stage every for factors, rebounds and assists, an additional position for a a few-issue manufactured, and two factors each and every for steals and blocks.
When the sport launches, we’ll have a comprehensive established of rankings, projections and participant outlooks in partnership with Rotowire, as perfectly as preseason and each day in-time assessment to assistance you make the ideal conclusions for your roster. In the meantime, here is a glimpse at the leading-10 projected players centered on the scoring method.
Fantasy Basketball Top rated 10 WNBA gamers for 2022
1. Tina Charles, Phoenix Mercury: In addition to her job and league-finest 23.4 factors for every match, Charles ranked fourth with 9.6 rebounds for each recreation for the Mystics. She enhanced her pictures from over and above the arc, hitting a occupation-significant from a few-position variety. Charles signed with the Mercury throughout the offseason and she envisioned to continue on her stellar effectiveness from last period.
2. Jonquel Jones, Connecticut Sunshine: In 2021, Jones received the Most Useful Participant Award soon after opting out of the 2020 year. She recorded a double-double in 65 % of her online games and was the league’s leader in rebounds, averaging 11.2 for each game, while also rating fourth in factors, averaging 19.4.
3. Breanna Stewart, Seattle Storm: For the duration of her profession, Stewart became the swiftest participant in league background to file 2,500 details and 1,000 rebounds. Before lacking the closing two video games of last season due to a foot damage, she averaged 20.7 points and 9.6 rebounds for every match.
4. A’ja Wilson, Las Vegas Aces: After again, Wilson led the Aces in points (18.3) and rebounds (9.3), where by she ranked sixth and eighth in the league, respectively. In just her fourth season, Wilson scored 10 or much more points in 30 of 32 video games. The 25-calendar year-previous electric power forward has however to get to her ceiling.
5. Sylvia Fowles, Minnesota Lynx: Last period, Fowles averaged 16. points and 10.1 rebounds and shot a league-higher 64% from the field. With 1.8 steals and 1.8 blocks for each game, she rated next in both. Fowles was named Defensive Participant of the Yr, her fourth time getting the award. In early February, Fowles introduced that this will be her remaining period in the league, indicating this will be your 1 chance to draft her.
6. Skylar Diggins-Smith, Phoenix Mercury: Diggins-Smith proceeds to strengthen with every single year. In her vocation, she became the fastest player in league heritage to get to 3,000 points, 1,000 assists, and 200 steals. Diggins-Smith averaged 17.7 points and 5.3 helps per game past period and need to go on to complete at that amount in 2022.
7. DeWanna Bonner, Connecticut Solar: Leadership and toughness are traits that profit the Sunshine with Bonner on the courtroom. She averaged 15.2 points and 6.4 rebounds final year. It can be the fourth time in her job that Bonner has received an All-Star honor.
8. Elena Delle Donne, Washington Mystics: During her profession, Donne has struggled with back again troubles, but she reported again in February that she would be all set for the 2022 year. Donne played in only a few video games final time, but averaged 13.7 points and 4.3 rebounds. In her job, Donne has averaged 20.2 factors and 7. rebounds for each match.
9. Natasha Howard, New York Liberty: Owing to a knee harm, Howard played in only13 video games very last year. Her contributions ended up evident on each ends of the ground. Howard averaged 16.2 points per match and 7.2 rebounds per match, shooting 49.4% from the industry. We can count on identical accomplishment more than a whole 2022 year.
10. Arike Ogunbowale, Dallas Wings For the 3rd consecutive 12 months, Ogunbowale led the Wings in scoring with 18.3 factors per game. In the background of the league, she is the third-fastest to arrive at 1,500 profession factors. 74 video games have been all it took Ogunbowale to carry out this feat. In 2021, she was named the most useful player in the All-Star Game.
Editor’s take note: While Phoenix Mercury star Brittney Griner’s talent would dictate her being outlined in this prime 10, she is remaining detained in Russia following customs officers reported they found cannabis oil in her baggage. ESPN will continue to report on this tale as it evolves and as even further clarity on Griner’s circumstance gets to be available.